Monday, January 11, 2010

     It has been a while since I have been able to update my blog. Much has taken place. I was in Kerch, Ukraine which is an overnight train ride then on a bus for over four hours. I went to Kerch to celebrate Christmas with some orphans I know. An Ukrainian Christian lady from Kerch is meeting the needs of the orphans she has permission to visit with. Since this orphanage wasn’t under quarantine it would be a great time to encourage her and also re-visit the orphans I know in Kerch. It was a good meaningful time but a long trip.  

     I moved into a dif apartment after looking at several. I needed to move since the current apt would be needed. The apt I am in now is on the 6th floor and praise God it has an elevator. I will post pictures of it soon, I hope. I am not settled in just yet but time will allow for this.  

     Last Friday we had another bible study with the older kids from the trade school. It is so sad to see them in danger of choosing worldly destructive ways of life. I pray that this coming Friday they return and continue to seek the TRUTH. I also brought several of them to church this past Sunday. I know the seeds are being planted in their lives but its difficult because I don’t see it myself.

Anya, my translator has been helping me so much. It is a blessing to have such a devoted Christian willing to help and have the same care and compassion.

     Anya will be calling the directors of the orphanages today as the quarantine should be lifted by now. I pray they will not choose to have any other.

     I see political signs all over the place. I am tired of seeing them. It is like our election in the states all over again. There is a BIG issue in Ukraine with the direction of the country. Ukraine seems to be in the middle of the east and west. The two contrasts of these sides cause many problems and therefore not much movement for the health of the country. Half want to move toward the Western world and the other towards the East. The elections are Sunday 17th.  

     Keep Ukraine in your prayers as the people will go and vote for a new president. Continue to keep me and all the kids in your prayers. Health, safety, favor into the orphanages, connecting with the kids, and showing them Christ.